[G4] My huge problems in upgrading to Panther

VS vs1 at dax.nu
Sun Nov 2 11:08:05 PST 2003

At 09.03 -0600 03-11-02, CJ Scaminaci wrote:
>I walked into my local Apple store yesterday and purchased my copy
>of Panther. I opened it in the middle of the store to make sure I
>didn't get a bad CD 2. Mine were fine. I brought it home and
>upgraded my PowerBook G4, wow am I impressed. The installation went
>without a problem and I really love Panther. My boot time went from
>about 1 1/2 minutes on my 1Ghz Powerbook with 512MB RAM to about 51
>seconds. I also installed XCode and that really impressed me as
>well. So far Panther hasn't given me any problems, but I'll be
>installing it on my Sawtooth later today, so we'll see then. My two
>cents.

Please send a report later about the sawtooth, I am very interested.
I am currently running 10.1.5 on my sawtooth (single processor, 500
MHz, 896 MB RAM) but will hopefully recieve Panther tomorrow, so I am
very curious on how and if this mac will benefit from Panther or not.
I haven't upgraded the graphic card, that's still original, so I
guess the graphics won't be much faster...

Question is if I should make a totally new installation of Panther or
install it over 10.1.5?? (Of course making a backup first...)

Thanks for all info on how this new OS works with my old mac.

/ Vicki