G4 Very Loud Noise

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 21:02:10 PST 2003

Hi,

It's under warranty, and it's at the shop, but I lie awake wondering
What Could It Be/have Been? I turned it on last week and it
was making a loud fan noise or loud hard drive noise. Then
it started making a clatter like the fan came loose altogether
and was banging around inside the case. Or the hard drive. Needless
to say, I turned all off (well, yanked the cord because it would not
turn off at all) and called AppleCare. (who made me turn
it on again to hear the noise, yuk.)

I have everything backed up, not a bootable external drive
or anything, but all data on CDs and the original system disks
so outside of the hassle it shouldn't matter even if the hard
drive is completely trashed.

But what the heck could make such horrible noises? Other
than a heffalump loose in there?

The place says maybe three weeks. Oh, the waiting and
wondering!

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com