[G4] Capture cards Re: [G4] New system...

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Sat Nov 8 07:32:08 PST 2003

Jim,

Now I bemuse you? Sorry. Obtuse? Sheesh, got words for you too but am
too polite today for some reason.

I've owned Macs since 1987. The DP was actually the first one that I
bought as a not EOF machine. I bit the bullet then knowing I would
have it for years, which is why I have the DP. I use it for more than
just video editing, much more. Video editing is just a happy plus for
me. I've probably dubbed down about a dozen clips in the last 10
years, so spending what to me is a small fortune to do something that
I don't do often seems, well, a little stupid.

It doesn't mean I won't do more video but it's not the mainstay of my
life. Sorry you can't understand that.  If and when I need to do
more, I will spend more money. Right now I have other priorities in
my life, unfortunately.

When we decide to buy a new camcorder in the future, it will be a
good digital one that will plug right into the machine. Till then, I
make the best of what I have.

Diane