Wanting to go wireless!

Nat nbaker at discover-net.net
Wed Nov 12 07:54:37 PST 2003

I've got a G4 867, a Blueberry iBook with airport card slot (no card), a pc
laptop with PCMCIA card slot and a Tungsten-C with WiFi built in.  I want to
connect everything in my household.  What are my best options?  I've heard
of compatible cards but can I use them in my G4?  It takes the older type
Airport card.  I'd like to go with a more inexpensive access point because
the Airport Extreme base station is so expensive.  Has anybody got the same
type of set up that you have working to your satisfaction?

If I just wanted to connect the PC laptop to the Tungsten C for now until I
save up for an Airport base station, does that need an access point if a
card has a built-in antennae?

Thanks