[G4] Wanting to go wireless!

Eric Volker ebv1 at charter.net
Wed Nov 12 19:09:36 PST 2003

Nat-

Like Joe, I'm successfully using my Quicksilver as a base station for
my Dell laptop. I'm not sure if you can use more than one device at a
time with a G4 base station, but I imagine it'd work. Setting it up was
fairly simple, though I wouldn't recommend it unless you know a little
bit about TCP/IP. You need to configure your wireless devices and the
Airport card in the G4 with static IP addresses, since the software
base station doesn't support DHCP. The trickiest part was getting
encryption to work, though I found the right way to do it after some
research. If you have any questions about any particulars, feel free to
e-mail me.

Eric Volker
ebv1 at charter.net