[G4] Prices of Old Computers

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 12:50:07 PST 2003

I do volunteer work with Computers for Classrooms, Inc., in Chico, CA. This
organization takes donated computer equipment (PC and Mac) from government
agencies, private corporations, and individuals.

The equipment is refurbished completely, an OS  and some free-ware programs
are installed, and then it is given to local schools at as low a cost as
possible (usually just the cost of RAM upgrades or NIC cards). Some of the equipment
is also made available to low-income families who cannot afford to buy a new
computer (their cost is $60.00 to $75.00 depending on the machines available).

Computers for Classrooms is only one of many such organizations that are
doing this type of service. Check with your county or state waste management
offices for information on programs in your area.

You can help reduce or eliminate the use of land-fill facilities and provide
equipment to schools and families who need, want, or cannot normally afford to
pay full price for the gear. You can benefit our ecology and help other pe
ople at the same time.

Have a safe day.