Toast 5.2.1. & OS X 10.2.8

DILLOMAN at aol.com DILLOMAN at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 03:12:47 PDT 2003

Hi guys, Toast won't work; i.e. in 10.2.8 toast opens very slowly. Once open it won't burn - it says it is burning, but nothing is happening, well, something is happening - I'm making coasters!

I don't know if this was a problem in a previous system release as I just put this drive (QPS 241040-it replaced the factory DVD drive that came with the Mac) in right before I updated to 10.2.8.  It is recognized by System Profiler, and in Toast.

I don't think this is an isolated incident with 10.2.8.  I have installed the 10.2.8-6R73 up-upgrade, with still no resolution for this problem.

Roxio won't acknowledge that anything is wrong

——>HELP<——

Here are the Specs:
-In the Mac:
 -- G4/450MP
 -- 1.25 gb RAM
 -- 100gb HDD/80gb HDD
 -- Que 24x10x40 CD Burner (QPS)
 -- nVidia GeForce 4MX
 -- Grappler 930U (Orange Micro)
-Attached to the Mac:
 --  Studio Display (Apple)
 --  SnapScan 1212u (Agfa)
 --  PhotoSmart 1215 Printer (HP)
 --  740u Printer (Epson)
 --  Zip 100 USB (Iomega)
 --  CameraMate-Memory Card Reader (Microtech)
 --  Keyboard (Macally)
 --  Turbo Mouse (Kensington)
 --  Entegra 7U USB Hub

--