[G4] Toast 5.2.1. & OS X 10.2.8

Richard Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Mon Oct 13 03:50:55 PDT 2003

JR,

I had (until very recently) an almost identically-equipped G4 and had
no problems burning with the Que drive. Finder, iTunes and Toast
5.2.1 all worked without a hitch. I'd trash the Toast prefs, repair
permissions with Disk Utility, and make sure the drive is jumpered
properly; make sure it is configured as 'master', not 'cable select'.
You don't mention it, but this applies whether or not you have an
internal zip drive as a slave on the same IDE channel. Either way my
241040 drive worked perfectly from OS 10.1 to the latest 10.2.8, so
it's probably not any inherent incompatibility. HTH.

Rick

--
Rick Smykla
rsmykla at verizon.net