CD Burn crashes Mac after burn

Ascender ascender at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 19 07:09:50 PDT 2003

Hello all

I have a 406 PowerMac G4; 800mh Quicksilver 2002.

I am burning CDs to back up data (Quark/Word documents with extensive
amounts of graphics) with the Mac "CD Burn" 1.0.2.

One thing that I notice is that when it comes time to burn the software the
only way I can get it to do is to pull the cd to the trash; then it offers
to burn.  After burning a cd my computer locks up and I have to run disc
warrior.  Even after running it my curser will remain frozen in the upper
left hand corner and I will have to again do a hard restart.

Do you happen to know if there are any conflicting software for CD Burn that
would cause this?

Also; with this type of crash is there a way to know if the info on the disc
is corrupted before I throw the originals off my hard drive?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

ascender at earthlink.net