[G4] CD Burn crashes Mac after burn

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 19 08:33:09 PDT 2003

A way to check if it's software is by using Toast Lite.
(http://www.roxio.com/) If then it still crashes, while burning a CD it
could be a hardware problem. Your CD burner could be damaged or you
could have bad memory which is causing a buffer problem. In the case of
your mouse freezing, do you happen to have an apple pro mouse? If so,
when this happens try unplugging and plugging back in your mouse. One
way to tell if your machine is truly frozen is to turn on the seconds
on your clock. Go to the Date & Time preference pane and select "Show
time with seconds." If your clock stops "ticking" then your machine is
probably frozen.In which case I would make a guess at bad memory. If
you feel like testing your memory, check out MemTest.
(http://friskythecat.tripod.com/) Currently it only runs command line
with full instructions, but we are working on a GUI which should be out
soon.

CJ