[G4] Insomniac Sawtooth

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 23 03:13:45 PDT 2003

Jim Robertson wrote:

> And a CUDA reset should do everything a PRAM zap does, and more, should it
> not? Or should I have done BOTH?

Yes a CUDA reset resets the Mac's "permanent" settings even more
thoroughly than a reset of the PRAM.

> Are you saying that you have an internal Jaz mechanism that DOESN'T prevent
> deep sleep?! Is it the 1 GB or 2 GB version?

Nope sorry if I wasn't clear. I have an external 1GB Jaz connected to
the Adaptec 2930 SCSI card and have no problems whatsoever. Don't know
about deep sleep, because I believe deep sleep support was introduced
with the G4s, and mine is a B&W G3. For the record it does go to sleep fine.

*
*