[G4] Palm OS 4.1

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 10:40:41 PDT 2003

At 12:09 AM -0400 10/23/03, John Wilson wrote:
>Hi Anne (love that "earthpigz" thing). I'm using Palm OS 4.1 on my MDD,
>both with OS X (10.2.8) and OS 9.2 with my Sony Clie. Works fine. I
>also use Palm OS 4.1 on the PDA. Have you followed the instructions for
>upgrading on the Palm website? John

John,

I did - but I did not realize at first that one needs to upgrade the PDA
as well as the Desktop version. So I followed the directions for the
Desktop upgrade, but when HotSync did not work and I went back to
the site to troubleshoot, I found the PDA 4.1 upgrade does not work
on OS X. Their suggestion is that I d/l the Palm OS 4.1 on another
computer, but maybe I'll just wait until they come out with an OSX
version. Just seems kind of hinky.

How did you upgrade your PDA from v.2.6 to v.4.1? Hmmm. Could I
do it by rebooting in OS 9, d/l there, and upgrading the PDA in OS9?

It seems the only difference in the software really is nice antialiasing
and a nice Aqua background, as opposed to the ugly ones in 2.6 with
jaggy type.

Many thanks.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com