blank cd unrecognised (error code 10)

Ken Fry kenfry at telusplanet.net
Tue Oct 28 10:36:09 PST 2003

Greetings,
Quicksilver 733MHz, 384Mb RAM, OS X 10.2.8.

When I insert a blank cd to burn files, the cd is immediately spat out
and I get an error dialogue box (error code 10). I have searched
DejaNews, Google, and the G4 Archive but to no avail. Many problems
with burning but nothing about not even getting the disk recognised or
an error 10. The Apple error code site lists 10 as "dsLineFErr line
1111 trap error". Fat lot of good that does me.

Anyone know why this has occurred and how to remedy it? The drive can
read music and data disks. It just can't handle blank cd-r disks. This
only happened after I upgraded from 10.2.6 to 10.2.8. I can reboot into
OS 9.2.2 and successfully burn disks, although PC's do not recognize
the files (but that is a whole other can of worms).

Ken Fry