[G4] More Mac Discrimination

FERENCZY srf7425 at osfmail.isc.rit.edu
Tue Oct 28 14:30:45 PST 2003

yes, AOL (and coincidentally any web browser) can cache images and such
from websites on your harddrive. (usually preferences:advanced:disk cache
or something similar)

but in addition to the local cache, AOL (and compuserve did) has their own
cache of millions of web  pages. this can allow slightly quicker load
times (with static pages due to the fact that there will be fewer
"jumps" to get the information. (you->AOL rather than
you->AOL->verizon->such and thus college->joe blows' site) this is great,
as long as the wenpage doesnt change. if it does change, then all the
speed increase is gone, and it may even take longer to load (you chck with
AOL, they check with joe blow, his site changed, so AOL updates their
cache, then sends it on to you)

sandor