[G4] Panther: To upgrade or not...

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 14:16:47 PST 2003

That's true actually now that I think about it. The way Apple speeded
up the graphical interface, besides re-coding it, was to take out the
alpha channel in the windows (the gray and white strips in the
backrounds of windows) and prioritizing the operating system. As a
developer I've noticed that the graphical interface has higher priority
than Apple Events, meaning, if the graphical interface and an Apple
Event wanted to do something at the same time, the GI has priority. I
don't know why I just collaborated that much....guess I'm just bored.

CJ