MS Word to Appleworks 5

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 14:58:14 PST 2003

Hi,

My hard drive may have crashed; at any rate my main machine,
the G4/733 is in the shop. Unfortunately my copy MS Word won't
open on the laptop (it says "Unexpected Critical Error:
Can't Start Program.") It's said this before, and all I've had to
do is copy the preferences over, but for some reason this isn't
working any more.

Since this is a "borrowed" version from a friend most likely it's just
time to bow out and just use Appleworks to open Word
files. I don't use Word for much so I don't mind losing it, as long as I can
open other people's files.

But my Appleworks 5 won't open any of the Word files for some reason.
I think it ought to. Isn't Appleworks supposed to open Word files?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com