[G4] MS Word to Appleworks 5

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 21:01:48 PST 2003

Hi Anne. AW 5 will open Word files (PC version) up through Word 97 and
2000. Anything more recent probably won't open unless they're saved in
something less proprietary, such as RTF or plain text. When you're in
the "open" dialog window, try choosing just word processor files as the
file type, rather than "all available." Sometimes that seems to help.
Also, even if it converts 'em, you may have to re-edit if they were
heavily formatted, particularly if they had tables or graphics
embedded. John