[G4] creating a new folder with editable name

Harrie Westphal harriew at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 19 08:10:31 PDT 2003

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 07:44  AM, Rav Norodom wrote:

> Every time I create a new folder in Jaguar, the name is not hilited in
> a manner where I can type in any name right away. I have to press
> "Return" key to make it editable.
>
> Anyone know how to make it behave normally?

That's strange. I always use list view and I just tried selecting New
Folder from the File menu in the Finder and the folder appears with the
Untitled Folder name highlighted, ready for editing. I also created a
new folder by right clicking to get the contextual menu to appear and
chose New Folder from that menu and it also had the text highlighted,
ready for editing. Always has worked that way for me.

G4 933, OS 10.2.6