[G4] Writing a images to CD for use in windows

John McGibney ensignjd at optonline.net
Fri Sep 26 18:29:08 PDT 2003

If the CD is readable and the files are not then its one of 2 reasons.
1. You need the .jpg or .tif extensions on the files.
2. You have custom icons for the files which creates a resource fork for
each file. Resource forks are not readable in the Window$ world. You need a
utility like Gif Prep to strip the resource forks from the files.

If its the CD itself you should be making the Cd with Toast instead of the
Finder. Apple's Disc Burning utility makes Cd's that aren't always readable
by Window$ machines.

HTH
John

on 9/26/03 9:00 PM, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com