[G4] is this G4 worth buying?

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 17:30:19 PST 2004

>Hi,
>
>I am making a video film for a graduate project (a very large
>project) and I found someone selling a G4 for $825.  It
>sounds good but I'm not that savy, can you tell me if it's
>worth it.  Here's the specs:
>
>1.25GB RAM
>3X80 GB hard drives
>400MHZ cpu
>ATI Radeon 8500 Graphics card
>cd/dvd rom
>zip 100 drive
>dual boot OS 9.2.2/10.2.8 intalled
>
>That's what I know and I would really appreciate any feedback.
>
>Best,  Paul

I bought a "Gigabit Ethernet" G4/400 a couple of months ago.  It had
a 20 GB HD, a DVD drive, and 512 MB of RAM.  It came with a clean
install of OS 9.2.2.  I paid $400 for it from a local Apple dealer.
A lot of similar G4's were going for $500 and up on e-bay at the
time.  I already had a ATI 7500 card and a 120 GB  HD that I put in
it.  I am think they use PC100 RAM which is not all that expensive to
upgrade.  I could be wrong though.  Large capacity hard drives aren't
all that expensive either.  Just food for thought.  I am extremely
happy with my purchase.  I am a full blown switcher.  No more PC's
for me.

Good Luck

Kevin