[G4] modem noise

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Apr 4 07:01:19 PDT 2004

On Saturday, Apr 3, 2004, at 16:17 Canada/Eastern, Roxylee wrote:

> [...] I'm using OSX3.3 on an AGP digital audio 466 and want to get rid
> of the modem connect noise [...]

Turn the (modem) sound off in the internal modem panel of the Network
preferences. You can also access this panel from the InternetConnect
application.

> [...] my computer doesn't do the user switching rotation thing, and I
> have it set to fast user switching. [...]

The cube-rotation animation requires Quartz Extreme. I suspect your
video card doesn't support QE. For instructions on how to check whether
it does or not, search your Mac Help for "about quartz extreme" or see
Apple KB article 152366.