[G4] Apple's Music Store: Fast Connex Needed?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 05:39:29 PDT 2004

On Sunday, April 4, 2004, at 09:19  AM, Alex wrote:

> On Saturday, Apr 3, 2004, at 11:23 Canada/Eastern, Anne Keller-Smith
> wrote:
>
>> [...] I am using iTunes 3.0. [...]
>
> The Apple Music Store requires iTunes 4; see Apple KB article ID 93030
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93030> for the rest of
> the system requirements. iTunes 4 is available from Apple as a free
> download for either Win or Mac.

Okay, I've got this. Now I see on Apple's download page they recommend
a fast internet connection; all I have
is dialup and it looks due to income restraints this is what I'm stuck
with for the immediate future. Does this mean
I won't be able to d/l music? It would just be a couple songs - how big
are songs, anyway? I guess I do okay up
to about 3MB of stuff, takes about 1-15 mins to d/l. Are there
corruption issues?

(I'm the character who had my brother d/l OS 9.2 on his Windows machine
and mail me the CD because I
was unable to d/l it successfully from Apple's site and Apple doesn't
mail CDs. Ha ha ha. Installed fine.)