Appleworks/MS Excel

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 06:15:52 PDT 2004

Hi -

I've been using an old, old copy of MS Excel 98. I'd like to convert to
Appleworks.

I notice that if I save out of Excel as a .DIF file, I can import into
Appleworks 5.
However, formulas are all lost, imported instead as fixed numbers. Is
there any
way to keep my formulas? Would a newer version of Appleworks keep
formulas?

Other tack: buy a newer copy of Excel. Any way to buy just Excel, as
the whole
MS Office is way beyond my budget? I just need to hedge against this
copy of Excel
going belly-up, as it refuses to copy any more to my other machine. In
other
words, if it gets corrupt I have no way to resurrect it.

Or, perhaps, a not-quite-new version of Excel from Ebay ...