MIDI problems

Paul Pippen gzussfool at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 22:22:02 PDT 2004

On 4/6/04 6:58 PM, "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
wrote:

> Paul,
>
> If you're using OS X, look for a utility in your
> Applications/Utilities folder called 'Audio MIDI Setup' to redirect
> your audio in/out signal appropriately. HTH.
>
> Rick
>
>> I was given a keyboard and midi connector (M-Audio "Midisport 2x2) as a
>> gift.  I tried using "Soundtrack" from Final Cut Pro 4 to input midi from
>> the keyboard.  I had no luck.  I am a complete nincompoop at this
>> stuff...can anyone help by letting me know what software to buy to import
>> midi from the keyboard?  (BTW, the spellchecker liked nincompoop, go
>> figure!)
>>
>> G4 Quicksilver w/800 MHz upgrade, 1.12 GB RAM
>>
>> --
>> Paul Pippen
>> Matthew 12:37

I downloaded the newest driver for 2x2 and installed it as instructed.  When
I go to Audio/MIDI Setup it shows that I am getting a signal to the "A IN"
port. However, when I try to record in Soundtrack it does not give me any
sound.  In the Recording tab of the Preferences menu I am not given any
choice other than audio in or default.  Neither seems to give me what I
want. I know I must be missing something obvious here, but...

--
Paul Pippen
Isaiah 6:8