[G4] Sound Output Choppy/Fails During Outbound Network Activity?

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 08:32:16 PDT 2004

Sort'a.  I play my sound from my Quicksilver through the PowerWave
amplifier which connects via USB.  I notice that often when I play
music CD's or video DVD's, the sound gets distorted and tinny.  I
have to open up the "Sound" Preference Pane, switch to Internal
Speakers/Built-In Audio, and then back again, and it is OK for a
little while longer.  I wondered if that had anything to do with
overloading the USB bus.  BTW, this has happened through many
versions of OS X, though I am up to date with 10.3.3 now.

--Steve