[G4] USB 2.0 PCI Card for G4-400 AGP

C. Russell russells at strodtbeck.org
Fri Apr 16 18:53:26 PDT 2004

John

I bought a CompUSA 2 port USB 2.0 card.. I had some problem initially
with it until I found out I did not have to install any drivers for it.
You must be running OS 10.2.8 which you say you are running. I tried
install the driver they had on the CD and it really messed up the
computer where I could not boot in OS X. I had a bootable OS 9 and
booted in it and un-installed the driver. I found out that OS 10.2.8
was the required driver. IU paid $20 for the card. I have a firewire
and USB 2.0 enclosure which has a 120 GB Hard Drive in it. I can excess
it with either USB 2.0 or Firewire. It is the only USB 2.0 hardware
that I have at the present. I need to upgrade my scanner from to a USB
2.0 as it is now I have to boot in OS 9 to use Mt SCSI scanner and that
is the only device left for me  to get away from booting in OS 9. That
is my limited experience on one card.

Russell