[G4] G4 Processor Upgrade?

Charles Hines Charles.Hines at Mullen.com
Mon Apr 19 07:11:32 PDT 2004

I've recently purchased several sonnet processors. Upgrading from 500MHz
to 1.4GHz. I have had no problem with them so far. Haven't tried the
other brand though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Willard [mailto:g.willard at adelphia.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 11:10 AM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Subject: Re: [G4] G4 Processor Upgrade?

I've seen good comments on the OWC Mercury Extreme product. I believe
Sonnet is the other company that makes an upgrade in the 1.2 - 1.4
range. Has anyone investigated the options to weigh pros and cons of
each, or is the OWC model just a better upgrade? Just curious before I
buy.

Thanks.

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras

--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com