cleaning audio popping and hissing

Shannon Nugent shannon at nuge.com
Tue Apr 20 11:34:55 PDT 2004

Sorry I forgot to leave a subject earlier.

Does anybody know how to correct,  or at least reduce white noise
levels in audio files?  I  recorded a couple of videos of kids doing
book talks for my final project and the audio in most of them is pretty
terrible.  The teacher said she wouldn't knock off too may points for
that since I couldn't do much to prevent it,  but I still wanna do
something.   I used my Olympus Digital camera to record the video.  The
video part is not bad,  considering the camera I used, but the audio
seriously needs cleaning!!!!!!!!!!  Plus I need a way to boost their
voices a bit.  They were a little (very) shy and hence sometimes your
not able to hear them well.

Can Quicktime or iMovie do that?
I'm on a Mac with OS9.2 and 10.2.8