Text-to-Speech is broken in Panther 10.3.2

Domains4Days Lists at domains4days.com
Fri Apr 23 05:06:47 PDT 2004

I'm sorry to say that Text-to-Speech is broken in Panther 10.3.2.

I am a user who absolutely loves to use Text-to-Speech in my daily life (
the best to voices are Bruce or Victoria).  One of my favorite programs ever
that uses this is Tex-Edit Plus. In addition to having excellent controls
over the speech, it also has the ability to underline every word or phrase
or sentence as they go by. I love it!

Everything has been fine for years up until Panther 10.3.2. Just before this
I was using Jaguar 10.2.8 and all was fine.  Long story short ...  The
Speech rate is what got screwed up.  Previously I would have the Speech rate
set between 350 - 400 words per minute, nice and fast, and all was fine.
Now, in Panther 10.3.2, the much slower speech rate of 250 is the maximum
you can do ... Anything higher then that turns to absolute choppy inaudible
garbage... So now, it is so slow that it is unusable and I hate it for my
regular uses.

Has anybody tried this in Panther 10.3.3? Is it fixed?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]