Linux WAS: Re: [G4] Thanks all

Don dtownhome at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 22:02:10 PDT 2004

>I say no. It's a group of Lunar Excursion Module drivers.

Ahem.... perhaps more accurate to say Lunar Module Pilots or
else Lunar Excursion Vehicle (Lunar Rover) drivers.  The lunar
module got them there while the Rover was their surface
transportation once they arrived.

But...since this is way off topic... I really had a question
about installing linux on a G3....which is at least closer.

I'm using ethernet to 'rearrange the furniture' between two
machines to prepare hard drive space and configure stuff.

Who among this group is familiar with running Linux on a G3?
My info / experience to this point is that attempting to install
Linux on a (beige 300 mhz) G3 is akin to removing my own teeth
with rusty pliers and without benefit of novacaine.  Thus far
it was an exercise in extraordinary time wasting...I guess
I'm a glutton for punishment somehow.

I attempted to start to install both Yellow dog & MKlinux
a while back.  Anybody familiar care to talk about it off list?

Thanks
Don

Machines
G3 300 mhz