[G4] Flicker on an older i-mac

Chris Loehr clscott at interkan.net
Mon Apr 26 19:43:15 PDT 2004

 We had a customer bring in an early iMac recently, and although we don't do
repairs we agreed to look at it.  They had tried to install 10.xx on it and
the video screwed up and had some weird tints to it.  Try as we might we
couldn't fix it.  Even a fresh install of the OS. Not 10. didn't fix it.
Finally someone from another department said there was a firmware update.
You had to have 9.1 to do the update.  Well we upgraded it to 9.1 did the
firmware update and low and behold it worked perfectly.

So you might try that.  It worked for us.

Chris
Manhattan, KS
clscott at interkan.net