[G4] Re: identifying a Radeon 8500

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 7 18:59:49 PST 2004

A radeon 8500 will show up as R200 in the system profiler of an apple
machine.  PC version was also radeon 8500.  As Sean stated, there is no
real difference except that the PC card had a faster core clock speed
(275 v. 250 MHz).

If the card isn't stable in your machine then you might have gotten a
bum card or perhaps your machine is having a hard time dealing with the
8500 for some other reason.  Maybe enabling all of the logging for your
system log will shine a light on something.

Jim