[G4] Re: Rember 0.2.2b and MEMTEST

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 8 13:23:59 PST 2004

Tony,

Thanks for the note.  I was looking for something for a quick test to let me
if the four DIMMs in my G4 are good and doing their thing. The only DIMM
tester I can recall is the old (OS9) DIMM First Aid that was never updated
to OSX. The new Rember 0.2.2b did what I wanted and did not require me to
mess with a command line user interface.

Memtest may be a better tester; however, I am too lazy to mess with the
doing command line testing using the Terminal interface.  I know how to run
the OSX system maintenance test from the command line but prefer to use
MacJanitor that does the same thing from an OSX interface.

> Why did you only test 1MB? Was it only for the purpose of this
> demonstration?

I only have 1024 MB of memory (4 256K DIMMs). Something tells me we may not
be talking about he same thing?

Thanks for the comments

Dick