[G4] Migrating to G5

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 13:53:43 PST 2004

 You can actually use just a FireWire drive if you were using it as a backup from your previous Mac. I sold my G4 MDD, bought a new G5 and attached my backup FireWire drive (which was a CCC'ed copy of my previous G4 Mac). When asked if I had another Mac to import data from, the FW drive was available and the program transferred all my data and settings. Took about 15 minutes. Yay! John