[G4] Migrating to G5

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 9 16:58:52 PST 2004

Eric:

Use Target Mode to move your data and settings.

Your G4 HD would probably boot the G5 but it may be lacking a few
refinements that would be installed on the G5, but not on a G4.  Apple
OS Installs change according to the computer being installed upon.

Your new G5 will have a system Install CD with it - that will be the
'best' system for your G5 until it is updated.

jj

On 9-Dec-04, at 4:53 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com