[G4] DVD burning tips

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sun Dec 12 20:44:25 PST 2004

Any thoughts? Yes. Make sure the media is clean--no dust, no
fingerprint smudges. Quit all other apps before burning (should not be
essential, but not a bad starting point). You don't say what the source
is; whether it is another mounted DVD or from CD or HD. If from HD, is
the source material contiguous or highly fragmented? In other words,
does the HD have much free space or is it almost full? If almost full,
this could seriously affect reading speed which could result in buffer
underruns.
Presume you are burning with the finder. You might want to try Dragon
Burn or Toast. Dragon Burn offers demo use before purchase.