[G4] DVD burning tips

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 20:51:54 PST 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 11:44 PM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> Any thoughts? Yes. Make sure the media is clean--no dust, no
> fingerprint smudges. Quit all other apps before burning (should not be
> essential, but not a bad starting point). You don't say what the
> source is; whether it is another mounted DVD or from CD or HD. If from
> HD, is the source material contiguous or highly fragmented? In other
> words, does the HD have much free space or is it almost full? If
> almost full, this could seriously affect reading speed which could
> result in buffer underruns.
> Presume you are burning with the finder. You might want to try Dragon
> Burn or Toast. Dragon Burn offers demo use before purchase.

I forgot to mention that I am using Toast Titanium 5.2.  I am burning
from the HD.  It is a 120 GB Western Digital IDE drive with three
partitions.  Panther is installed on the second partition which is 80
GB.  That is where Toast and the source are located.  Right now, there
is about 3.2 GB available on that partition.

Thanks--

Kevin