[G4] ram question

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 21:08:31 PST 2004

I have the same machine. I have 1.5gb of RAM mostly bought from macsales.com

If I were you, I'd just buy this:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=4891&Item=OWC2700DDR512>

By buying 2700 ram, you can always moce it to a faster machine in the
future. Whish is always the best policy IMHO.

Good stuff.  No affiliaton here.

/e

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:54:38 -0800, hec <hecowan at shaw.ca> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a mdd dual 867 and i would like increase the ram by 512 mb.  i
> have a few questions.  are there different makes of ram, if so does
> the quality and reliability vary?  are there companies that group
> members find to be better?
>
> according to the specs at the apple site this machine says that is
> machine can use pc2100 or pc27oo memory (there is a single 256 mb
> pc2100 in it now).  what is the difference between the two types and
> how do they influence how the machine works?
>
> i appreciate information to help me make this decision.  thank you all.
>
> hec

/e