[G4] Wireless networking

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 14 19:27:37 PST 2004

Dear Nick;

Thanks for your help.  Unless I am trying to access the XP box in the wrong
way, I have been trying to go to the Finder, click on Network, click on the
specific network I'm trying to go to, then the machine, which produces a
connect button.  Clicking on the connect button brings up a window labeled
"SMB/CIFSFilesystem Authentication" their request need to enter user name
and password for the X P computer.  It correctly lists the workgroup/domain,
but it will not accept any combination of user name or password for that
machine.  Because of that, I cannot get any closer to see any files.

Eager I'm not attacking this the correct way or it's not going to work.  I
know it has worked between to X P machines before, but I can only access the
Macintosh from the PC, not vice versa.

Thank you for your help!
Valerie