[G4] Mac G4 Lost Password

Alastair W.Hendrie a_w.hendrie at which.net
Thu Dec 30 09:44:53 PST 2004

Hi Manny,

  A search on Apple Support website produced the following which might
solve your problem:-

  If you forget your password for your computer, insert the Mac OS X CD
and restart your computer while holding down the C key on the keyboard.
When the Installer appears, choose Reset Password from the Installer
menu and follow the onscreen instructions.

If the previous owner used Filevault and set a master password, then
without that, I think the only way to use the computer is to start from
scratch by erasing the hard drive and and install a fresh copy of OS X
from the dvd.

  Regards,

Alastair.