[G4] Epson Stylus Color 900 & OS 10.3.7

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Fri Dec 31 21:28:00 PST 2004

On Dec 31, 2004, at 8:44 PM, C. Russell wrote:

> I recently installed OS 10.3.7 on my Mac G4/400 704 MB ram and find
> that the printing dialog box has some changes and my Stylus 900 does
> not print well and color is terrible. It worked find  with 10.2.8 and
> find in Classic 9.2.2 with Panther..  Has any one had experience with
> the Epson Stylus 900 and Panther. There is more settings and I have
> tried different ones with no improvement.. Epson web site does a
> driver only for 10.1.5 which I have been using for Jaguar
> successfully. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

I am using an Epson Stylus Color 900 printer for occasional color
printing, along with an Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS, with a Server G4
running OS 10.3.7.  No problems at all.  The OS X driver from Epson
website does not work right.  You need to install the Epson driver
packet from CD 3 of the Panther OS set.  If you need further
information, write me off list.