[G4] SCSI, G4 Digital Audio, and OS 10.2.8

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Feb 4 08:56:19 PST 2004

On Wednesday, Feb 4, 2004, at 11:41 Canada/Eastern, Wade Perry wrote:

> I have also come into an OEM copy of 10.3.1 [...]

Huh?! Has Apple any new licensing deals we haven't heard of?

> The original purpose of this post was to find a use for these SCSI
> drives.
> Will they work and be stable without any issues.

There are no special problems with SCSI in either Jaguar or Panther.
The issue is that, at the consumer level, there is no advantage
whatever in using SCSI and quite a few disadvantages (more difficult to
configure, more troublesome external cables). In your instance, first
you must make sure that your card supports LVD devices -- you might
damage either the devices or the card or both if it doesn't.