[G4] burning single CD with both Mac and PC software?????

Shannon Nugent shannon at nuge.com
Wed Feb 4 09:30:47 PST 2004

Sorry guys, I forgot to give you the follow up on this.  Mom was going
to use the Flash memory once in awhile to transport report card files
and stuff for school.  She's a first grade teacher and I guess some
other teachers were having trouble with their zips or something.  She
got that more with her in mind but she would let me use it for class as
she didn't need it more than a few times a year.  We took the Flash
memory back when I found out that the PC's at school probably didn't
have USB.  I'm used to using the ports on the keyboard for stuff like
that.  Their PC's are really old looking so I doubt there would be a
slot anywhere.  I got tired of the whole formatting mess with CD's .  I
could burn stuff on my Mac in 9660 format,  readable by the PC,  but
then after class I'd have new work on the PC side that would need to be
burned on the CD.  I can't just simply drag those files onto the CD and
burn them from the PC.  I'd have to reformat and re-burn the CD.  After
awhile that would get to be too much of a mess,  so I decided to go
back to using the tried and true zip disks.  Those work more or less
like a hard drive.  I can just shove files on it from computer I want
and not have to do any burning or formatting.  I'll just have to get an
extra zip at some point knowing how big my files tend to get.  thanks
for the suggestions though :-)