[G4] SCSI, G4 Digital Audio, and OS 10.2.8

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 09:43:11 PST 2004

Alex,

> Huh?! Has Apple any new licensing deals we haven't heard of?

I did pay for the OEM DVD, just much, much less the msrp of $129.99 USD. It
was resold by someone in need of cash. I would never support the subversion
of software or intellectual property rights. Openly.

>In your instance, first you must make sure that your card supports LVD devices
>-- you might damage either the devices or the card or both if it doesn't.

The link attached ( http://www.welovemacs.com/grappler930u.html ),lists the
description and software links for the card. It is new, and originally a
$149.00 card. It seems that no one chooses to bother with SCSI anymore, and
the supplier is just trying to deplete inventory. The software links to
Orange Micro list a 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3 updates. It is designed
specifically for high speed LVD drives.

Thanks again for your help.

--
Wade A. Perry