Sleep: Good or Bad?

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 18:40:27 PST 2004

	I have  a G4/400 running Jaguar and I was debating wether or
not to set it up to go to sleep.  I was running Jag. on a 8600
before, so I was unable to use the sleep feature.  Now I wonder if it
would  be a good idea.
	I usually fire my G4 up when I get home from work at 3:00 or
4:00 PM and leave it on till  I go to  bed at 10:00 or 11:00.  Would
the sleep feature extend the life of my hard drive as well as the
rest of the components in the system?  Or does it make a difference
at all?

Thanks,

Kevin