[G4] tv on a G4

Ernesto Forcadilla forca at look.ca
Sat Feb 7 16:04:21 PST 2004

The digital video process has three steps:

1. Hooking a video camera or VCR to a port on your Mac and running
the tape. A port is usually a video capture circuit card that has the
ability to digitize video. The Mac uses a video-capture software,
normally the card's driver, to record the images digitally and store
them in the hard drive.

2. Using QuickTime or other video-editing software and sometimes
other equipment you can turn the Mac into a digital editing studio.

3. You need to get the video out of your Mac and back unto videotape
(VHS), TV screen, and CDs/DVDs using again the same port on the back
of the Mac.