[G4] Sleep: Good or Bad?

John Collins johnccollins at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 01:24:19 PST 2004

  A follow up question to Anne's response. When the computer is asleep
do external FW drives spin down and go into a idle mode.  What is the
best way to deal with external devices that are not used on routine
basis?

  Shoud I dismount the drive and physically turn off the power when not
needed. I routinely put the G4/800 to sleep when not in use and leave
it on most of the time. If I turn power off to the FW drives how do I
remount them--do I have to do a restart?

john