Minimum System Requirements

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 13:45:24 PST 2004

Hi all,

I have been a little perplexed by minimum system requirements, and I am a little leary of "try it and see" when it comes to purchasing software.  After all, if it's opened, most places won't take it back.

I have a Yikes/400.  If the system requirements on a piece of software indicate that it requires at least a G3/500, would my computer work?   The whole speed versus generation thing is really irritating.

And while we're on the subject of perplexing requirements, What about the Intel world?  Is there any documentation on what the difference is between PII-IV, Centrino, Celeron, AMD's names, and how those requirements work?  Sorry to post PC-based question, but am curious and own a PII laptop.

TIA,
-Lavode