[G4] External Drive - Diskwarrior Version for Jaguar

Brian Silverio bsilverio at necc.mass.edu
Wed Feb 11 06:54:05 PST 2004

Anne,
Panther was when journaling support was added to the filesystem.  It was alrady
there for OSX Server. And some enterprising folks figured out how to turn it on
in Jaguar. But it was not supported by Apple.   If you have journaling enabled
that might be a problem.  You should be able to turn journaling off and then use
your version of Disk Warrior.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Brian

Quoting Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net>:

> At 10:05 PM -0500 2/10/04, Brian Silverio wrote:
> >Anne,
> >according to the Disk Warrior web site 3.01 is the Panther update.
> >http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/support.html#Panther
>
> Hi, Brian -
>
> It would seem that my version would be able to fix Jaguar. This
> from their web site. My version of DW is 2.1.1. I am running
> OS10.1 with Classic - OS9.2.1.
>
> Wondering if the DW 2.1.1 fixes OS 9 and X, or if fixing disk
> problems is sort of independent of the OS?

http://askal.asecureserver.com:591/FMPro?-db=alsoftsupport&-lay=main&-sortfield=

Date&-sortorder=descend&Keywords=OS%2010.2&Product=DiskWarrior&-op=lte&Date=%2f%

2f&-max=15&-format=AlsoftSupport-qa.html&-script=counter&-token=93&-Skip=0&-find

> Product
>
> DiskWarrior
>
> Question
>
> Will DiskWarrior rebuild the directory of my disk running Mac OS X?
>
> Answer
>

> All versions of DiskWarrior will rebuild the directory structure of Mac
> formatted disks running Mac OS 7.1 - Mac OS X, including Mac OS X 10.2
> (Jaguar). However, DiskWarrior v2.1, released January 2001, and later added
> the ability to fix problems introduced to the file system by Mac OS X.
>
> DiskWarrior v3.0, released in May 2003, runs natively in Mac OS X.
>
> Anne Keller Smith
> Down to Earth Web Design
> G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
> mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
> http://www.downtoearthweb.com

> Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

> Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
> --Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Brian Silverio