[G4] Sleep, Different Kinds

John Collins johnccollins at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 00:05:17 PST 2004

Thanks for the responses--a couple follow on questions--

On Feb 11, 2004, at 5:27 PM, Brian Silverio wrote:

> John,
> my firewire drive spins down.  However it will only spin down under
> command from the system.

What does this mean? Are you referring to the Energy Saver setting for
putting drives to sleep?

> It will sometimes be spinning when the system is powered off.
> I do not have any other way to stop it other than pulling the plug.
> So to keep it from running all the time I disconnect it.
If you unplug, do you dismount the drive then unplug with system
running? Then if you plug it back in, does it show up on the desktop,
or do you have to restart?

> My drive does not have an on/off switch.
Some of mine do have an on/off switch-- so I assume I could just turn
off instead of unplugging.

Thanks John